Monday, October 22, 2007

Brrrr...

It's cold and rainy in Wise County this morning and I LIKE IT.

We made it back from the edge of the world, also known as Venice, Louisiana. It was a good trip overall but a very long one. After an all night drive and a day of fishing with lots of rain and soaking wet clothes, I was beginning to wonder what I signed up for. The next two days were much better and I caught some big fish. Beautiful reds and big speckled trout. I saw some beauty on the Mississippi River and I saw some devastation that still remains from the hurricane.

One of my boat mates, (I won't mention your name David Fuller...oops, I just mentioned your name) caught an alligator and tried to load it in the boat. I've got a picture I'll try ot load sometime this week if I can figure it out. While he was doing that, I was trying to figure out how to get as far away from the alligator as possible. There's nothing like fishing with the Decatur version of Crocodile Dundee.

Have a great day and bundle up.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

There is an opening for a new Crocodile Hunter. Can David say "G-day, mate" and "blimey"?

Melissa Taylor said...

You can look at my blog for some pictures of Mark, Craig, and Casey. Mark had a great time!