Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Living As Light

I was a part of an event recently that got me thinking about people who live outwardly (the appearance of a Christian) as Christians and people who live inwardly (having a Christ-like heart) as Christians. While I was being judgmental towards some people I saw that appeared to be living outwardly it got me to thinking that while I can easily look at them and make a determination of what I think or feel, it's not so easy to look inside Jeff and see what is going on. It reminded me I need to be focused on making judgment of my actions, I need to be focused on making judgment of my thoughts and feelings.

I live far too much living outwardly as a Christian but not living inwardly as I should. I do things I'm supposed to do most of the time but my heart and mind are not where they should be. I want to love God and live for God. I want to be a light and be Christ-like. To do so, I need to be sure I am walking in Christ's footsteps and not worrying about what someone else does. I need to be sure my heart and soul and strength are focused on Him, not someone else.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

1 comment: