Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Late Start

I usually blog early in the morning but my day has been wacky so I'm running behind and to top it off, I really have nothing to say. I'm leaving Friday for a conference in Chicago. I enjoy going to Chicago and like to walk around and not need a car for a few days. I had hoped my wife was going to be able to join me but several things going on around here will prevent that so it makes the trip a little less exciting to look forward to. Even so, I'll probably still pop in to the original Pizzeria Uno, eat at ESPN Sportszone for my son and finish off my time there at Joe's Stone Crab. Things may change but it's good to have dreams of eating good!

The rest of the time I'll be at an accounting software conference. I'm not sure I can imagine anything sounding more boring but I'm sure there is. I'm considering trying to get tickets to a Bulls game but the luster of seeing them has diminished over the years. I've also thought of dropping in at Truefitt & Hill and getting an old-fashion shave and haircut. The Apple store will be a definite stop and maybe the Orvis store too. I think there is a theater near my hotel so I might catch the new Denzel Washington movie one night.

I'll be alone but I think I'll find a few things to keep me occupied. It's good to have plans.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I've never been to Chicago. It's one of teh few major cities in America I have not seen. Hope your trip is great.

Kory Jones said...

Take me with you daddy!!!!

Rick- You spelled "the" wrong