Tuesday, October 09, 2007

How 'bout them Cowboys?

My remote was smoking last night from the continuous flipping between the Cowboys-Bills game and the Indians-Yankees game. It was good to see the over-hyped, over-priced Yankees go down in flames to a team most people can't name more than 1 or 2 players that are on it. Then, to see a rookie kicker boot a 53 yard field goal (he had to kick it twice because of a last milli-second timeout by the Bills coach) was just plain fun. Romo had an awful game and I'm still not sure how the Cowboys hung around and won. I know this, if they don't play better next week, they will get slaughtered. But for today, it's all about Nick Folk and his great leg. He's the hero today.
_____________________________________________________________

Happy Birthday to Rick Ross today. I'm guessing he will celebrate by trying to recover from his State Fair eating tour yesterday.
_____________________________________________________________

My daughter ran in the Decatur cross country meet last Saturday. It was a very, very, very tough course and I don't remember seeing as many kids walking during the race as I did Saturday. It was brutal and while she didn't finish high, she did finish the most grueling course I've seen. I'm proud of her for her effort and the heart she continues to show when finishing the race.
_____________________________________________________________

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Way to go Kory!

Sorry, no report from the Fair. See today's blog for more details.

Thanks for the happy birtthday wishes. I am very happy -- I've been blessed so much!