Thursday, February 01, 2007

They Beat Me Down

Blogger finally made me switch. I'm not a fan of the new blogger because posting a response isn't as easy as it was on the old Blogger. The Tab button doesn't tab you to the right fields. I hope the complaint department is listening.
_________________________________________________

I've got some sort of sinus thing going on and not feeling too great today. I certainly can't eat a Sonic coney so don't even go there. Being sick makes for a long day and really makes me appreciate feeling good.
_________________________________________________

I spoke to the Junior High and High School class last night about influence. I brought up the chants the Decatur students have used in basketball games and mentioned the moment last year when my son asked what a certain not-so-nice phrase meant. You could have heard a pin drop at that moment. I'm hoping that was the moment a few of them realized that eyes are watching them. I'm hoping a few them may realize and use their influence for good starting today. I hope I reached someone last night.
_________________________________________________

Our preacher's wife is planning for a trip to Kenya in just a few months. She is going with a group of ladies who go and have a meeting/conference/fellowship/support gathering for women involved in mission work in that part of the world. Planning and going on a trip like that is tiring and a little scary but also very fulfilling. Our missions committee was able to help support a portion of her trip and I'm thankful for that opportunity and thankful for the work she and many other Christian women will do to help carry the gospel all over the world. Thanks Beverly for your dedication and compassion. (And thanks to Rick for supporting her to go also.)

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

We are so blessed and thankful that our mission's committee saw this as worthy of helping with.

Now, take Dennis' advice and go get a coney!

Bev Ross said...

Thank you so much for your support of my Kenya trip! What a blessing to be part of a church with such strong support for missions! I can't wait to see how the Lord will use us!