Monday, February 05, 2007

Crushing Defeat

My 5th grade boys team lost to Bridgeport Saturday. It's always bad to lose but losing to B'port makes it worse. If just a few of our missed shots would have gone in, it would be a different story but no such luck. We have one more game - a must win to make the playoffs.
______________________________________________

I heard the Colts won the big game Sunday. I was at the rodeo so I haven't seen the game or the commercials. I've got it all Tivo'd but don't know that I'll end up watching it. Now all eyes turn to who the Cowboys are going to hire and Jerry in the spotlight.
_______________________________________________

Our preacher is taking us through Acts on Sunday mornings. I always like to study Acts, to read and think about the early church, what they went through and what they did. It always causes me to examine my life and my ways and to attempt to reconcile them with what God wants from me. Am I sacrificing, teaching, edifying, serving the way God wants me to. Is my focus on God or on me?

I pray my focus and my desire will be more on God and less on me.

No comments: