Friday, February 02, 2007

Winter Wonderland

We woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of snow on the ground and truck. It is a beautiful sight to see and something the kids really, really enjoy. I think they would have much preferred staying home and throwing snowballs or building a snowman but school was open so off we went.
___________________________________________

I'm glad the weekend is almost here. It's been a busy week at work and compounded with illness and I'm ready to rest and catch up. Decatur plays Argyle tonight and I can't miss that so the rest will come after the game.
___________________________________________

I won't be worried about global warming this weekend.
___________________________________________

I read on the Internet about an Indianapolis area church that was advertising a Super Bowl party and would be showing the game from a projector so everyone could see. The NFL threatened to sue them if they didn't cancel the party because using Super Bowl in the ad was a copyright infringement and the game cannot legally be broadcast on a screen bigger than 55". I'm sure there's a reason for that but in my mind it's another example of punishing the 99 good people for the 1 bad person.

I'm up in the air on who I will be pulling for. I don't like Indianapolis because they play in a dome and I do like Chicago because they play in the elements. I like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith. I like Peyton and Freeney. I like Urlacher and Manning, the ACU kid. In the end, I'm only semi-interested but hope it will be a good game.

Who are you rooting for?
___________________________________________

Have a good day and a good weekend!

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I just hope it's a good game, with a lot of clean, funny advertisements.