Friday, February 16, 2007

Brrrr....

It's cold in Decatur, Texas. My thermometer showed 14 degrees when I left this morning and arrived at work to find we had no running water. Uh-oh. Fortunately all is well now without problems it seems. This winter weather has been very odd and this morning makes it hard for me to wonder about global warming.

My daughter is leaving for a youth group retreat tonight and my wife will be gone for the evening for a class she is taking. It looks like my son and I will travel to the big city (Ft. Worth) to look for Under Armour baseball cleats. You see, not just any cleats will do. Under Armour will surely make him run faster, hit further, throw harder and excel on the baseball field. Under Armour batting gloves would only further improve his performance.

It's amazing how we get tied up in labels and brands. We certainly do our best at work to brand our customers and establish our brand in the marketplace as the premier place to buy tack and clothing for western enthusiasts. Has anyone heard of Bass Pro Shops? They've certainly stamped their brand on the outdoor community selling everything from fishing supplies to camo and guns. I'm a Rawlings guy for baseball gloves because I've always thought highly of their quality. In guns, I prefer Browning because my uncle thought they were good enough to buy and hunt with. I prefer Nike tennis shoes but will use New Balance also because they still use American made lasts.

What brands are you wearing? I look forward to some of your responses.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

When it comes to clothes, my brand is "What is on sale and yet still has some quality?"

Cars: I have been pleased with Hondas because they represent quality and durability.

I prefer playing Titleist Pro-V1 golf balls. They are the choice of many pro golfers, but they are very expensive. I have never personally bought one. I love to hunt golf balls when I play, and usually find enough Pro-V1s to keep me in stock.