Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Blessed Be Your Name

You give and take away,
You give and take away,
My heart will choose to say,
Lord, blessed be your name.

Today is my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom! We spent last night celebrating by watching the Mavs beat up on the Atlanta Hawks. It was a fun game and a fun time to spend with my parents. What can I say about moms that hasn't been said other than I agree with it all? Moms do it all for their children. Moms are given a special mission from God and my mom did an excellent job accepting that role. As hard as I fought against her at times, she always did what she believed was best for me and I give her an A+. No parent is never perfect in all their actions (as my children would attest) but a parent who always loves, a parent who always give, a parent who always nurtures, a parent who always cares - they are perfect and my mom is one who always loves, always gives, always nurtures and always cares.

Thank you mom. I love you.
_______________________________________________________

I had intended today to be a post just about mom but as the verse from the song at the top of the blog, God gives and takes away. While out last night, I received two calls from my wife about deaths of people who are close to us and special to us. I didn't know one as well as the other but both have left legacies of a love for God, of Christian children, of goodness, of caring about others. My prayer today is that God will be with those families, to console, to comfort, to encourage and that those families will find comfort knowing their mom/father are now with God.
_______________________________________________________

To see the lyrics for Blessed Be Your Name, go to www.lyricsbox.com/matt-redman-lyrics-blessed-be-your-name-psf45jc.html

No comments: