Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Done and Out

I went to the Decatur boy's basketball game last night. They were taking on Argyle, ranked 6th or higher in the state (depending on the poll), who had beaten Decatur twice during the season. There wasn't much hope.

Decatur was up 22-17 at half but ended up losing 50-41. It was a great game and a great season for this group of kids. All year, they played tough, they never gave up when they were down, they were always fought through adversity. Argyle is good, I mean GOOD. Most of their kids work with private coaches. They are sound fundamentally and they shoot good from all over the court. They've got decent height inside and some speed on the perimeter.

The Decatur guys should hold their heads high for the effort they gave last night and all year. The good news is that 4 of the varsity players are sophomores. It should be a fun couple of years.
____________________________________________________

Two races and Tony Stewart still hasn't won. Should I be throwing my hands up yet?
____________________________________________________

The Mavericks are playing some incredible basketball right now. It's a shame Dirk and Josh don't get their due. They are incredible players and deserve more respect around the league than they get. It seems many of the "enlightened talking heads" of the sports world still don't think the Mavs have a shot at winning the championship this year. I hope they will be wrong.
____________________________________________________

I don't care for Mark Cuban much. It's the only reason I won't care if the Mavs lose. He's another one of those people who appear to think that money gives them credibility. I know he does some good charitable work but he diminishes his image by his flambouyant ways.
____________________________________________________

I'm tired of hearing about steriods in baseball. There's an easy solution that anyone not cheating should be in favor of. Use steriods, get caught, don't play and don't get paid. It seems simple enough. Yes, there are always new drugs, always new loopholes. They will have to be diligent but make the punishment fit the effort.
____________________________________________________

As you can tell, I have no real thoughts running through my head today. It's one of those days that seems to be calling me back to bed for a few more hours. Maybe the brain will turn on eventually. I hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Sorry to hear about the Decatur team. I sometimes wish the playoffs could be seeded in some way. It's a shame when two really good teams have to meet early in the playoffs.