Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's Late...

...and I can't sleep. My brain will be dead in the morning so why not blog in the middle of the night? It's getting cold again and it looks like a wet weekend. I'm glad for the rain and enjoy the cold weather but would prefer it comes Monday through Thursday and then warms up with sunshine for the weekend.

The weekend is almost here. Spring training is near. Happy thoughts abound.

I was throwing the baseball with my son the other night and he said he could "smell" a game at the high school field. I assured him the game was the night before and out of town. He responded that he thought he could smell a baseball game. I laughed...the thinking of a 10 year old. We left to go to basketball practice and guess what...the JV was playing a game. I'll trust his sniffing ability from now on.

I'm getting sleepy...very, very sleepy. It's way past time to be in bed so I will go there now and I leave with this thought swirling in my head - I have been saved by a Savior whose mercy I cannot fathom, whose love I can never match, whose joy I can never exceed yet I am content that I have all I need. I hope I will show mercy to all who need it, that I will show love to all who seek it, that I will show joy to all who want it. More than that, I hope I show the glory of my God so that those who need mercy, seek love and want joy will turn to Him, to the one who can give it all with abundance and will accept what only He can bestow.

No comments: