Friday, December 02, 2005

Wahoo, it's Friday! There's a guy coming to the office today that I like on a personal level but who has made some bad choices in his business life with how he treats people. He continually overpromises and seldom delivers yet he never sees it as his mistake and does a good job of laying blame at someone else's feet. In the last few months, he has been fired by 3 or 4 different companies that he has either been an employee of or represented in business dealings. He tells everyone all he can do, he asks for his money up-front and then never fufills his promise and it's never his fault. I bet you know someone like that. It's frustrating because I do like him, he's a nice guy and he really has a good heart - until he steps into the work arena and then it's like someone else takes over.
Many people have shut him out but he still calls me because I guess I'm too nice to say no. I'll continue to treat him as if it's the nice guy here and hope one day he will change his ways. We've talked about it in the past and he still doesn't see it, doesn't believe he's at fault.
I suppose I have my weaknesses too. Yeah, it's hard to believe isn't it? HA HA. OK, I don't need anyone listing them out for me. Back to what I was saying, I have my weaknesses and I sure hope people see in me the good and not the bad. I hope people will treat me kindly even when I may not be the person they want to be around at the moment. I know God treats me that way.
I want to have a heart like God. Oh yes, I'm a long, long, long way from being like God but I still want to try. God, grant me a heart that is open like yours, a heart that is merciful like yours, a heart that is ever loving like yours.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

You always have a way of making me reflect on my own life. Thanks.

I don't see many weaknesses in your life - so I won't list them. I will mention only one: you thinking that Joe T's is good Mexican food.