Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Do you ever have a day that doesn't start out quite right? Today was one of those days for my daughter and me. We got cross-ways and it wasn't pretty. My son disappeared (ducking for cover!) and my wife stepped in to play peacemaker. I absolutely hate the way things went this morning. I want a do-over. I want my little girl to change the way she acted and I certainly want the opportunity to change my response. I've apologized to my daughter, son and wife and I still feel miserable about it. I want a do-over but I won't get one. I'm stuck with the memory of this morning.
The good news: I believe they will forgive me and move on. I can't change today but I believe I'll have the opportunity to start fresh tomorrow and today will only be a lesson of how to change behavior and actions.
Our preacher, on Sunday, spoke of a lady who had forgiven her husband and "refused to dwell" on his actions. How thankful are we when those around us take the same attitude?
Even greater, I have a Lord and Savior who not only refuses to dwell on my mistakes when I ask His forgiveness but He washes me clean with His blood. HALLELUJAH! He will make me clean again, He will purify me and let me once again walk on the path to Heaven.
I'm thankful when my family will forgive me. The people we live with are often the ones we cause the most hurt. It is only greater that I also have a God who forgives me, who sheds His grace on me and lifts me up. I have so much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

God is incredible! As a perfect Father, He is so willing to forgive. But we don't forget very easily. Fortunately, children are very resilient. Your daughter will have probably forgotten the whole thing before lunch. Again, unfortunately we don't forget as easily.

I am so impressed by you and Kelly as I watch you both parent. Your kids are blessed to have parents like you.

Jeff said...

Dennis, glad to see you out blogging again. Too many coneys?