Thursday, December 22, 2005

I am blessed. I don't understand why, but I am. Our Wednesday night class has been an awesome study on the life of David. It's been great because I see a man who wanted to do what was right even as he stumbled over Satan. I would never compare myself to David other than to say I really want to do what is right but too often find myself stumbling over Satan. A harsh word, a mean thought, a hard heart. Yet, through David's life, I see that God continually looks for the good in me. He sees my heart in better view than He sees my faults. Oh, if we humans were only like that. We can see the fault in others even while the beam is perched in our eye. God sees the heart. He sees the hurt and the pain I cause when I don't follow His will. He sees the regret of things done wrong and He forgives. He even wipes the slate clean for me to start over. I am thankful I know God. I am thankful for faithful parents. I am thankful for a faithful wife. I am thankful for children who believe. I'm thankful for a boss, for friends, for family that want to glorify God. I am so thankful for a Savior who would die for me.
I am blessed. I don't understand why, but I know that I am.

No comments: