Friday, December 16, 2005

I'm battling the new computer syndrome. Excited about a newer, faster, better machine. Going crazy trying to get all my stuff where it was and learning some updated software. It's more frustrating than fun today but eventually I'll have a greater appreciation for the increased performance and enhancements.

It's the same problem we deal with daily. We want things to work the way we want them to work NOW! I don't want to wait, I want it NOW! I want a microwave response with a gourmet taste. It just doesn't happen though.

Heaven is a ways off. I don't know whether it's 30 minutes or 30 years away but nevertheless, it's in the future. God's answer to my prayers are in the future. I don't know whether it will be 5 seconds, 5 months, 5 years before I get an answer but it's coming. Knowing all this, I still want it NOW!

God doesn't operate on microwave time. It's up to me whether I want to grab hold of the quickest answer I can find or wait for the best answer I could receive.

No comments: