Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Last night was a great night. I got to witness a baptism, a new birth. It was a moving moment because it was a friend and someone I didn't think would make such a decision just a few years ago. People have been planting the seed within her for years and last night, God increased His kingdom. What a wonderful, wonderful moment.

Today, I have been labeled as a bigot and someone who spreads hate instead of love. I was also labeled a Baptist which made me laugh. I visit another blog, a more liberal blog written by an attorney in Decatur. He throws out volatile issues, usually of the liberal nature, and watches the vultures attack. Yesterday, he brought up Brokeback Mountain, the movie about two gay cowboys. I responded saying I wouldn't see the movie because I don't agree with the lifestyle and wouldn't condone it by paying to see the movie. I was hammered by some who admitted to being gay and some who feel they have a more enlightened view than me. I'm confident I said nothing derogatory about people but about the action yet they called me names while saying I should be more open-minded like them. They called me names and said I shouldn't be so judgemental, they called me names even while saying that judging others is sinful. I've come to have a great disdain for the word "tolerance" because it so often seems the most intolerant people are those that shout for tolerance the loudest.

I pray God sheds His love and His mercy on each one of us today and that He imparts more understanding and wisdom of His will to all of us. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

This is just a taste of "sharing in his sufferings." Jesus was called many names, too. I agree that those who shout for tolerance the loudest are often the most bigoted of all. Unfortunately, Satan has blinded their eyes to truth.

Man, how does it feel to be called a Baptist? That must hurt:).