Monday, February 07, 2011

Super Bowl Hangover

I didn't really care who won but had two wagers going and both the other parties insisted on taking Green Bay so I was halfway cheering for the Steelers.  I do like Mike Tomlin.
I lost the bet.  I usually don't lose bets because I will typically only bet when I'm highly confident.  This time I bet so I would have a reason to watch the game.  Now I'm out a couple of coffees at Starbucks. 
The upside is that I get a coffee at Starbucks paying off the bets. 
People shouldn't gamble.  This has been a public service announcement.
How do you butcher the Star Spangled Banner? 
I wasn't as big a fan of the VW/Darth Vader commercial as most people seem to be.  It may be because I've never watched Star Wars. 
The Budweiser/Tiny Dancer commercial is the one that stands out to me.  I have a weird sense of humor though.  I always like the ETrade commercials but they didn't strike me as funny as past years.  Oh, the one with the monkeys pulling in to the parking lot and hemming the guy in his car kind of cracked me up. 
Fergie didn't sound good.  I blame that on Jerry.  What about the people who bought tickets and then didn't have seats because of fire code.  Jerry. 
The lighted dancers on the field were pretty cool.  
The saddest part of the night was watching what's-her-name feed ARoidFraud popcorn.  Ewwww.  And why did Jerry let him in the building anyway? 
I'm really not a ARod hater.  He's got a sweet swing but a) he's a Yankee and b) being fed popcorn isn't a pretty picture. 
I don't care for Big Ben and he had a bad game but I do wonder how bad his knee was hurting.  I give him credit for being a gamer. 
Pro football just doesn't hold my interest.
Pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in less than 10 days.  Now that's something to cheer about.

Grace and peace to you.

3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Help me with the Tiny Dancer ad. I just didn't get it.

What's going to happen with Michael Young? With all of the changes the Rangers have asked of him, about all that's left is moving into the starting rotation.

Jeff said...

It was all about the rough, tough cowboy fixing to shoot the place up because they didn't have his brand of beer turning into an Elton John songfest. Maybe I've been to too many of those parties.

I'm hearing today that Young is demanding a trade and doesn't want to be the DH. I think losing Young will be tough for this club. As a fan, I rather have him on the field than Beltre but there are other people being paid to make the best decision for the product on the field and they know more than I do. Doesn't mean I like it though.

bartsirmandvm said...

Pitchers & Catchers baby!!! Bring on Baseball and an honorable, knowledgeable owner who's ran a mile in those shoes!!!