Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Facebook Ranting

There are several things I like Facebook and quite a few I don't.  I like seeing some old friends and reconnecting.  I like some coupons I get, flyfishing destination ideas and knowing what's new at gogo gumbo.  What I particularly don't like is some of the ranting I see by people who then turn around and post scripture and put on the Christian face.  The reason I don't like it is because it reminds me of me, of how I have acted in the past, of how I still act at times and of the miles to travel to be who I want to be on this earth. 


I do not want God to take on a "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" attitude because he wouldn't tolerate me very long.  I do not want God to start shouting out my flaws to all who can hear because He will be busy and I will be thoroughly embarrassed.  I do not want God telling me I will have to earn His trust back every time I fail and then have that earning process completely subjective to His whim.  I'll never get His full trust back if I have to earn it.  Yet, I have treated people that way and done those things at times. 


I'm better about such things today but not perfect.  I want to be better about it today than I was yesterday and I want to be better at it tomorrow than I am today.  I want to be more and more and more like God each and every day I'm still on this earth.  God, help me, restore me, renew me, lead me.  Make my life yours, make my words yours, make my actions yours. 


Grace and peace to you.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thoughts.

bartsirmandvm said...

This really bugs me about Facebook too. I've deleted some "friends" because of it. It amazes me what some people will put on it. Sometimes, I think I should just delete Facebook all together.

I'm glad I don't have to earn God's trust. I'm afraid I'd fall terribly short. I don't deserve God's grace, but I'm sure glad He gives it to me.

Rick Ross said...

I find it interesting how many people assume that since I am a Christian, I want to hear all the sinful, slanderous things said about politicians that aren't on the "Christian" side of the aisle.

We are as responsible for what we THINK as what we SAY.

Thanks, bro

Sally said...

I landed on your blog through the "next blog" button. I appreciate your journey with Christ and pray you continue to reach deeper into the grace and mercy that is our Savior, growing and working with joy in the kingdom.

I am a fellow sojourner, doing much the same thing on my blog although within a different demographic.

I'm guessing your a fellow Texan, Go Longhorns, my son is heading there next year.

Grace and peace to you as well.

Jeff said...

Sally, glad you found your way here and Hook 'em Horns. I've got some Aggies that come by so it's good to have other Longhorn fans show up.

I hope you'll stop by now and again.