Friday, February 04, 2011

A Day of Levity

Enough of the wrestling for one week.
Monday was a great day.  I had lunch with 2 of my brothers that I think so highly of and that I constantly benefit from by seeing how God is working in their life and the lives of others.  It was also a great day because a very good friend called to ask me about something he is wrestling with and I know God spoke through me using some of the transformation I have been through to lay something on my brother's heart.  Glory to God.
Monday was also the day I came up with a plan to strike back at Jerry Jones and I encourage everyone to join me.  Instead of spending $200 or more to stand outside Jerryworld to watch the Super Bowl, let's get everyone we know to put our TV's in a window and stand in our yards and watch it for free!  What do you think?
I'm writing this on Monday afternoon (yes, there are some things I do in advance) and very wintry weather is expected overnight and into tomorrow.  3-5 inches of snow are possible with sleet and ice likely.  Let's see what the end result looks like.
I'm finding more interesting stuff on visitors from my blog.  On Monday, I had a visitor from Brazil and Switzerland and two people accessing it from their Blackberry.  I'm not sure what that means but I'm fascinated by it all the same.
Have you ever played with the fish on my blog?  Scroll down and on the right hand column you will see fish swimming around.  You can click with your mouse and leave fish food for them to eat.  I spend hours each day just playing with them.  (Not really.)
ACU closed school on Tuesday and Wednesday  They never did that when I was out there.  The story that went around when I was in school is that ACU wouldn't call off a day of classes until Jesus returned.  Some people I knew back in the day called the radio and TV stations one night telling them ACU would be closed.  The media outlets announced it then came back later saying it was a mistake.  I heard one of the people who was doing the prank calling called back saying he was one of the Deans when someone at the TV station told him that they knew the Dean personally and were recording the call.  That ended the fun until 2 years later when the Dean met with the guy doing the calling and a friend who was there that night egging it on and began relaying the story to them because it was again snowing outside but the Dean apparently didn't know he was talking to the culprits.  The egging on friend almost choked trying to suppress his laughter.  At least that's how I heard the story.
I heard a guy at breakfast at the Whistle Stop on Thursday morning, while looking at the window at someone having trouble driving on the ice, say "why are these people even out?"  Maybe he lives at the restaurant but I'm assuming he "got out" to come get his coffee.
Here's a mini-rant.  Most of us pay our electric and gas bills and get no say in how much we pay so why does ERCOT decide there isn't enough of it to go around and just start shutting us down?  Sure, I won't have to pay for what I don't use but it's the principle of the thing.  Why can't I just tell ERCOT there isn't enough money to go around and I'll pay them 95% of the electric bill?  It's really not the money that bothers me, it's the lack of planning.  Of course, I know little about all of that stuff so I do not know of what I speak other than I don't think it's a good idea to go around cutting off people's electricity when you have failed to have a plan in place.  OK, I'll quit rambling about something I don't know anything about.
It's been a hard week emotionally.  I'll have at least one of my kids with me this weekend and that will surely lift my spirits, give me a few laughs and leave me in wonder of how special they are.
Oh, by the way, I'm not going to stand outside and watch the Super Bowl.  That would be silly.

I'll leave you with this.  God's love is so strong for me that He was willing to let me come and live on this earth, a place of seasons, seasons of joy, seasons of hope, seasons of pain, seasons of suffering, with full faith in me to love Him so much that I would be a light in the darkness.  He isn't overprotective.  He isn't scared.  He is strong and bold and wanting to fill me up with His love so that it overflows in me to others who need to experience it.  He loves me so much that He made a path for me to be with Him for eternity, He has my inheritance planned and it is more than I can imagine.

Grace and peace to you.




No comments: