Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Good Start

Wednesday was the kick-off day for our workplace Bible study using the book Crazy Love.  Yes, you know I love Crazy Love and I'm excited to begin a study around the ideas offered by Francis Chan in this book.  The first class was an introduction of the book idea, my approach to getting through it and to me.  Several of the people in the study know something about me but I went back deeper in my history than usual and walked them through my growing up and how I got to this point in life and why this book has helped me know God so much better than I think I would have done on my own.  I got some positive feedback from a few of the participants and am thankful my prayer all morning worked - simply that God would make me a conduit of the words He wanted everyone to hear. 


Here's something that crossed my mind the other day.  Who's more concerned with sin; God or me?  Who's more concerned with living out of love; God or me?  I think God is more interested in seeing me live a life of love than He is concerned with me sinning.  I'm caught up in 1 John 4 saying that "perfect love drives out fear."  I can't get this verse out of my head because I want to live in God's perfect love and I want to be a man who shares God's perfect love with everyone I come in contact with.  I'm not there yet but pray that I will be one day. 


God, work on my heart, work in my heart and work through my heart.  Make me a light shining brightly, eliminating darkness and reflecting the glory of your majesty.


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect love... I'm not there yet either. I grasp it and live it better than I once did, but not there yet.

I know God is is going to use your leading of the workplace Bible study. No doubt about that in my mind. I wish I could be there.

bartsirmandvm said...

It was a great study Jeff. I was blessed to be there. You are the right man to lead it and I know God will use you to touch hearts. Perfect love. I'm striving for it daily.