Thursday, February 10, 2011

Brrrr

That has to be one of the more compelling titles I've ever written.
I drove to work on Tuesday in 2 wheel drive at normal speeds because there was no ice.  The TV stations don't always help and don't always report very accurately.  Tuesday morning, Channel 8 was reporting a rollover wreck at 287 and 2264.  Hello?  That happens 6 times a year; summer, winter, spring and fall, daylight or dark.
I heard the roads around Decatur were treacherous.  Heck, I couldn't spin my tires anywhere and I like going in circles as much as the next guy.

The deal with Michael Young is looking a little ugly.  I hate to see that right now but, it's business.
I've never met Wayne Jacobsen and yet he has written a book about me.  Here's a segment I'm going to be sharing in 2 Bible studies I'm doing soon.  "The motives of conformity do not produce intimacy.  This is where organized religion so often gets it backward, and why so many people in the pews remain so distant from God and so unchanged in their character.  We think conformity to God's ways will lead us closer to him, when the opposite is true.  If we focus on our own fears and performance, he will seem more distant.  It is only by living in the security of God's affection that he is able to transform us."  He Love Me, p. 80
He goes on to talk about love being stronger than fear.  In Psalm 111:10 we are told that fear is the beginning of wisdom.  I believe this is true because I believe that people who do not strive to know God, whether they go to church or not, may one day know his wrath.  (Please know that isn't a judgment, that is my belief.  I might be wrong and find out that God isn't punishing anyone and that's His call to make and no skin off my back.  As much as He's put up with from me, I'm just tickled pink I get to keep learning how much He loves me each day.)  While fear may be the beginning of wisdom, John says in I John 4 that perfect love drives out fear.  If I really love God I don't have to fear God because there is no fear in love.  I take it to mean that our walk with God is a journey that started with understanding His power and growing into a more and more loving relationship with Him day by day.
I have a desire to love God more, to know Him intimately, to live in His love and to glorify Him in all that I do.


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

We have entered a difficult and nearly unbelievable story. Unfortunately, religion often makes it into a poor imitation of the true story.

amyg said...

There is a difference between knowing "the truth" and knowing Truth. "Taste and see that the Lord is...." So often, we are satisfied with reading the menu! It is our loss, for sure.