Friday, February 18, 2011

Lady GaGa

I saw Lady Gaga on GMA Thursday morning promoting her AIDS/HIV prevention efforts.  She has created a line of cosmetics with ALL the proceeds going to help prevent this horrible disease.  I applaud her for her generosity and willingness to be an activist to help eliminate a horrible disease.  I can only wish that her efforts were targeted at abstinence and Godliness instead of safe sex.
As I listened to her talk, it seemed evident that she has been searching for what is missing in her life and she identifies it as "self-love" and "finding the inner light".  I wonder how powerful it could be if someone of her stature and promotion ability was sharing a message of the love of God and allowing His light to shine from within to all of her fans.  Today, I am saying a prayer for Gaga and the hope that God will be able to reach her and to touch her heart with His love, joy and desire for her. 


From Gaga to baseball - I'll be in Bowie soaking in the sun and watching Decatur Eagles baseball this Saturday.  I'm excited to have another season going and watching my son and his friends play.  My daughter is escaping baseball by participating in a UIL competition and I know she will rock 'em too!  And, it will be time to see Michael Young, smiling and talking about what the upcoming season will be like and how he doesn't want to be a distraction even though all the questions lead to the distraction he has caused.  Oh well, it's baseball.  Cut, green grass.  Sunshine.  Close plays at home.  Homeruns, fireworks and fly-overs.  Play ball!


May the Lord who created the world, who designed the seas, who created the volcanoes, who built the mountains and put each grain of sand on the beach, may He be praised and glorified in my life today because the One who created all also created, loves, nurtures and cares for me.


Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She (Lady Gaga) does need Jesus, Landry my littlest one who is 5 saw her last year on the internet, and she said mom that pretty lady does not have Jesus in her heart, look how she is acting...Landry for a bit had remembered her in her prayers, crazy love im sure :)wow if 5 year olds can see that, I wonder what they see in all of us...thanks for sharing! As for baseball...today is signups for my son and Ashley has started, this is truly my favorite time of year!