Monday, May 18, 2009

I've Really Got To Stop

OK, there was Chris Davis' walk off homer and then Josh Hamilton makes another (painfully) incredible catch climbing halfway up the wall in right-center field. That's after he made a great throw from center field to throw out a runner at home the night before. Great pitching and some really, really good defense and hits at the right time. 121 more wins and they clinch the West. OK, OK, I shouldn't get ahead of myself. The Yankees are coming up soon and some games against East division teams will show us more but it's been REAL fun so far being a Rangers fan.
_______________________________________________________________

I got to hear another great sermon yesterday focused around the story of the good Samaritan. It's a story I've heard hundreds of times but as my walk takes me closer to God, the story takes on new significance and new understanding. As I have learned to look at people with God's eyes (a weak imitation but getting better), I have come to experience people in such a different light. Things that used to make me mad, irritated, turned off, resentful, judgmental...now I spend time wondering how to help them see the light of God, see the joy that I am seeing in being His child and living in His love.

God, give me your eyes so I can see like you and give me your heart so I can love like you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

How about the catch Hamilton made against the wall?