Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Beautiful Lunch

How fast can the Rangers get out of Detroit? It's not fast enough.
______________________________________________________________

Yesterday's lunch was refreshing. Beautiful. Peaceful. It started with 3 tacos to go from Primo's. I love the pork tacos with cilantro, onions and lime juice. They are tasty with great flavors but I digress. While I did enjoy the food, I snuck off to a secluded spot, sat at a picnic table under a giant shade tree and ate while seeing the beauty of God's creation and listened to the birds sing. After the feast, I opened up My Utmost for His Highest written by Oswald Chambers. A sister-in-law gave it to me about 3 years ago but my heart is only now prepared for some of the thoughts Chambers expresses in his writing. Below is a portion of what I read yesterday that resonated with me.

Once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely and we never lack for understanding or compassion. We can continually pour out our hearts to Him without being perceived as overly emotional or pitiful. The Christian who is truly intimate with Jesus will never draw attention to himself but will only show the evidence of a life where Jesus in completely in control. This is the outcome of allowing Jesus to satisfy every area o life to its depth. The picture resulting from such a life is that of the strong, calm balance that our Lord gives to those who are intimate with Him.

Lord, take me there. Keep drawing me closer to you and help me to live in your goodness.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Isn't God sweet in His timing for things in our lives?