Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Crazy World

Newt Gringrich is calling for Nancy Pelosi to resign. Politics are crazy and while I am no fan of Pelosi and think we would be better off without her as Speaker of the House, I'm no longer in touch with all the happenings to make that call other than personal preference. It sure seems like she has thrown herself into hot water with her comments about the CIA and I applaud Leon Panetta, a Democrat lifer, for speaking up for the CIA. It's just another circus we will sit back and watch.
________________________________________________________________

The Rangers lost and, worse, can't seem to win in Detroit. I think they are 0-9 at Comerica Park. Hamilton's hurt again but hopefully will be back tonight and maybe the Rangers will break the jinx and get back to winning. I like it when they win 7 in a row more than when they lose 1.
________________________________________________________________

I've seen a few interviews with Toby Slough, the pastor of Cross Timbers Community Church in Argyle, on local and national news lately because of the amount of money they have given away in the past few months to people in need. I think it's great to hear these stories, especially one so close to us, instead of all the gloom and doom we seem to hear and I think it's great for a church family to get recognized for their good works even thought that's not the reason they do it. Praise God for what He is doing through people who love Him.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I watched the interview of Slough, and I join you in commending them for doing SOMETHING. I do wonder how they know how much they have given away (they said over a half million dollars) if people are simply allowed to remove money from the collection plate. And how long will it take before drug addicts, etc. find out and start dropping in on Sunday to "cash in"?

I may have missed something in their method. I hope so. But again, I commend them for their desire to be "others oriented."

Jeff said...

Toby addressed people taking advantage of the offer saying that he expects it. I expect people will try to take advantage of our clothing program. Sin will always attempt to take advantage of goodness. We are left to pray that when the sinner comes to take advantage of us, something happens that opens their heart to God. It won't always work that way but if the 1 lost sheep finds his way then hallelujah. I don't know that their method is the best but agree with you in commending them for their desire.