Friday, May 22, 2009

Going Through The Motions

Having a rough day? Read this http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/090520-space-urine.html then enjoy a nice, refreshing glass of water and relax.
______________________________________________________________

A song I keep playing over and over lately is "The Motions" by Matthew West. If you haven't heard it, go to YouTube and search for Matthew West The Motions and you'll find a couple of videos to watch. Basically, the song is about a person not wanting to just go through the motions but to find the true passion that God can give us. For me, it's a song with words that are powerful.

For so long, I have heard the alarm, got in the shower, took the kids to school, went to work, ate lunch, went back to work, go home, eat, go to baseball practice/church/volunteer activity, go home, watch TV, go to sleep, heard the alarm, got in the shower...you get the idea. Coming to really experience God has given me a better vision of what God sees and what I can be doing to help someone, to live with more joy in my future and more joy in knowing God.

At 44, my life is likely half over and I do not want to spend the last half just going through the motions. I want to live in the freedom and joy and jubilation that comes through a relationship with God and I want to spend my days looking for the ways He wants me to serve and help and love. With God, the simplest of things seem bigger and the biggest challenges seem easier. Going through the motions makes the simplest of things seem a burden and the biggest challenges appear impossible. I want to go with God, to revel in His love, to share His mercy and grace and compassion and hope.

I hope your day is filled with the peace that can only come from God.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Challenging words.

Tree said...

I love that song as well because it speaks directly to my heart. God deserves all of me, not just the leftovers. There will be a Wednesday youth lesson coming with this in mind...maybe you can do that lesson too?!