Monday, June 11, 2007

Yowee...It's Hot

We were playing baseball in Sanger on Saturday and I thought I was melting. Man, was it hot and steamy. When we arrived, the mosquitos were thick and the city sent a truck out to spray. Then the humidity really kicked in as the sun came up. I'm ready for fall!
_____________________________________________________________

Were you as interested in Paris Hilton's comings-and-goings from jail as I was? I'm somewhere between apathetic and disgusted about the amount of attention that is paid to her "story." Same goes for that other lady that overdosed not to long ago. I feel sorry for her baby girl but I'm so disinterested in the reporting about her that I can't remember her name.
_____________________________________________________________

My son through out a question on Sunday that left me thinking. "Dad, who are our allies?" Can you name them? We went through a number of countries but there were some I didn't know how to classify. All the while, I'm amazed that a 10 year old comes up with that type of question.

A few weeks ago, I was carting a friend of my son home from a birthday party. We were talking about careers and he stated he was going to Harvard. There was no "I hope" or "I would like to", just "I'm going."

Much better stuff than Paris and the other junk I hear too much about.
_______________________________________________________________

We've got a laser tag birthday party coming up later this week. I can't wait. Last year was paintball and I'd love to be doing that again (it seems that me against 11 year olds is more fair than me against old competition) but laser tag is in doors with air conditioning. I think I love laser tag now!
_______________________________________________________________

Stay cool.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I've only done paintball once and it was a blast! Never done laser tag, but it sounds like fun.

You would make an easy target, you know.