Tuesday, June 26, 2007

And The Rain Came Down...

In case you didn't notice, it rained a wee bit yesterday. I got home yesterday afternoon and thought I had bought lakefront property. Water was almost everywhere, rushing down the creek, coming over the road, dropping from the sky. It was about a foot from our front door as we helplessly watched. After several prayers, the rain let up and the water drained off pretty well.

There is more rain in the forecast today and tomorrow. I'm not sure how much more we can take. So many people have had to endure flooding recently and while I appreciate the rain we've had, we really need a break. I will be in prayer all day that what rain we get is manageable rain and that no one has to endure more trouble because of the water.

I'm praying for protection for everyone today. I'm praying that even though our possessions are really nothing, meaningless in the picture of eternity, that God will still protect us from damage and harm.

No comments: