Monday, June 25, 2007

Finished. Done. Kaput.

Yes, baseball season for my young Roger Clemens/Albert Pujols is over. We wrapped up with a tournament in Lancaster this past weekend where we came out on the losing end overall but played some of our best ball of the year. The best part for me was seeing my son have a really, really good tournament defensively (playing 2nd and pitching) and offensively. It's fun to watch him and see the improvement game after game, year after year. It's what he enjoys and he makes baseball fun.

My daughter is thrilled baseball season is over. She, on the other hand, gets up at 6:00 three days a week to work out with the cross country team. Other than getting up early, I think she really enjoys it and I really enjoy watching her run. I go with her on the 3 days and walk the track while she and the other girls stretch, jog and get ready for their run. I appreciate their dedication to being as good as they can be and I am proud of my angel for working as hard as she does.
____________________________________________________________

In the past, I have been a current events fanatic - always watching the news shows, reading papers and current event magazines, interested in politics and world events. I'm not that way anymore. I don't watch the news every night, I don't go get a paper everyday, I don't peruse the Internet to keep up with what's happening. I think two things have come together to change my focus. One, we seem busier as a family. Two, I spend more time thinking about things more eternal in nature. I spend more time finding myself in thought about God and in prayer. Now, I don't spend near as much time doing those things as I should but I hope to keep getting better.

There's really nothing to that comment other than a personal observation and, after thinking about what I wrote, I'm certainly not patting myself on the back. I only say it because I was thinking this morning that as each day passes, I want to be closer to God. I look back at my life lived so far and see how off-course I have been so often. I want to be on-course from this day forward. I know their will be struggles but I want to hunger and thirst for God. I ask that you will pray for me that I may stay on that journey and be focused on my Creator and Savior.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

As I read your comments, I was amazed at how my life seems to be parallelling that. Kind of eerie.

I missed seeing your Friday blog until today. Spurs not whining? You obviously didn't watch Tim "Cry Baby" Duncan throughout the season:)

Actually, I do understand and agree with your comments.