Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Looks Like...Rain

Did we really pack up a town and move it somewhere close to Seattle? I heard about houses flooding in Granbury overnight and wonder when it will let up. I hope no one else is hurt or killed because of the high water.
___________________________________________________________

A single digit is really helping me think about something other than the rain. The digit is 9 today and it is the number of days left before I leave for Colorado. I am so ready to breathe mountain air, take a walk with my wife surrounded by mountains, play mini-golf with the kids and feel the first trout on the end of my line. I'm ready for a burger and a malt at the cook shack and pizza in Creede. I'm ready to see some of God's most wonderful (in my estimation) creation. 9 days.
___________________________________________________________

9 days. I think I'm already getting "short-timer's syndrome." It's going to be hard to think about much more than vacation for the next few days.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

We will be in Colorado long before you. But we will not be taking in the sights, since we are going to a conference. It might as well be held in Boyd (no slight against Boyd, by the way).