Thursday, June 21, 2007

Walking in the Valley

I've been keeping up with the Tod Brown family by a blog they have set up. Tod describes some of his struggles in understanding why his son lost his life in a car wreck a few weeks ago and his words, his emotions that come through, make me think, wonder, what that family is going through. I appreciate his willingness to share their moments of happiness and times of questioning because I don't understand either. Why would God let a 13 year old who seemed to bring so much to so many die? I cannot comprehend it but also understand I never will...at least in this life.

I do know this. I will go home today and hug my wife and my children and be thankful for the time I have with them. I cherish each day with them...I just need to keep doing a better job letting them know that I cherish them.

2 comments:

Eric said...

The Brown's story is so sad. I cannot imagine going through something like that. I will keep them in my prayers. I echo your sentiments about giving my wife and kids an extra hug and making the most of the time we have together. In this day and age, we too often live for tomorrow, next week or next month and don't cherish the current moment nearly enough.

Rick Ross said...

I know it is pretty simplistic, but I lay tragedies like this at Satan's feet. He is the author of death and suffering.

I cannot relate to the loss this family has experienced.