Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Total Blank

The state of my mind today is...a complete and hopeless vacuum of nothingness. I can't come up with a coherent thought to save my life. It's your lucky day! So, I'll leave you with these profound thoughts.

The President speaks tonight. I want to hear it because I feel he is now in a no-win situation. I think he's a good guy but has put our troops and country in a bad position that leaves little opportunity for a good ending. Saddam may be done but it seems there are hundreds if not thousands of people willing to carry his battle on.

I enjoyed seeing Florida win the NCAA National Championship even though the game got a little boring in the end. There's no Big Ten team I care for much and now that Spurrier has left, it's easier to like Florida in this type of game.

Basketball season is here finally. It's the games that count and March Madness will be here soon. It is my favorite sporting event/time of the year when college basketball whips up a frenzy on TV and on the court. You can have the pro basketball but I'll watch almost any college game any time.

I took my son to a select baseball team tryout last Sunday and he did great. It was fun to see him do well and enjoy himself. We won't know the results until this weekend and I'm hoping we can still put a Decatur team together but it's great to have options - even better to see him doing something he enjoys and doing it well.

Have a great day!

No comments: