Monday, January 29, 2007

The Battle

I've been battling computer, car and time problems today. My truck died yesterday so they had to tow it in today. Fortunately it was no big deal except for the hassle. My computer started acting up Friday and I just got it back up (2:50p) today. It's very frustrating when 50% of my job demands my computer. On top of that, I was supposed to go out of town for a business trip while having a myriad of things to still finish here and deadlines and time constraints the rest of the week. It's been a stressful, frustrating morning.

I finally postponed my trip after a moment of clarity. I was able to see what needed to be done and how it could be accomplished and am feeling much better than I have all day.

The devil works on us like that. He wants everything rushing around us, stirring up dust so that we can't see God. Fortunately, for all the devil's work, we are able to gain moments of clarity, moments where we can see God and know He sees us and things become much better. I'm thankful for every time I cut through the devil's work and find clarity between God and me. It's those moments when I feel a sense of peace unlike anything else I know. Of course, as soon as I feel it I know the devil is back at work trying to block my vision but I know God is still there, still reaching out to me, still waiting for me so I can know His peace.

No comments: