Monday, January 01, 2007

A New Day

It seems like I haven't blogged since last year. Ha-ha.

I was asked today what my new year resolution was. It's a good question and something I don't know that I approach the right way. The answer is that I do not make new year resolutions. Maybe I should be I don't. I have all the rote issues like losing weight, exercising and all that stuff that I need to do all the time. Other than that, I just want to live each day looking for the opportunities to do the right thing, to help someone, to be a good example for someone, to encourage someone. Maybe that is my resolution. I know God puts opportunities in front of me all the time. I want to recognize them and act on them when they come my way. I know I will fail at some but hope that I will be successful in making a difference in people's lives as much as I can.

It is continually amazing how fast a year goes by. I see my children growing up before me and, like so many, want to stop time, to capture a few more days with them at this precious time in their lives yet I know that isn't going to happen. In the absence of stopping time, I want to enjoy the time, to know that it is fleeting and to spend it in pursuit of enjoying them every minute I can, to teaching them all I can in that time and preparing them for what lies ahead.

This year will be over in a flash. I will start enjoying the moments I can today so that when I reach this point a year from now I can trust that it has been a good year because I have spent it with people I love.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Sounds like you have some resolutions for the new year, and don't even know it.