Monday, January 15, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

I was singing part of the Vanilla Ice song (his only "hit") to my daughter the other day. Maybe I shouldn't have. Ice abounds today. I was glad to only see one other car on the road while I was on my way to work but you just never know what will happen. I remember when I was younger, maybe 13 or so and a friend's sister was driving he and I somewhere in Tyler. We were on the loop when she hit a patch of ice and her Mustang started spinning in circles. When it finally stopped, she was so scared it took us what seemed like several of minutes to start driving again.

So what are you doing today? Did you use the ice as a reason to stay home or did you head out in it going to work or Wal-Mart? I would much rather stay at home but no such luck today. I'll leave a bit earlier than usual just to miss the yahoos out speeding home who might hit that one patch of ice that sends us all spinning.

Have a great day and don't slip.

No comments: