Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Safety in Numbers

About this time last week, I was listening to someone I know talk about severe stress and strain their family went through battling a crisis in their marriage. I was awestruck by the willingness to share such a heart-wrenching, emotional struggle. It struck me how a family of faith can and should be willing to share their deepest thoughts and emotions and know they will be supported and loved. I saw that last week and I am thankful I have a church family that holds others up.

I'm still not comfortable sharing my hurts, my fears, my failings. I still exist in a world where my problems are mine, mine to deal with and live with. It's hard to make that move to a more open, more transparent life. I hope one day I will but between now and then, I will cherish the opportunities to see people loved unconditionally, to see people edify others, to see people empathize and pray for others. I'm thankful to be where I am right now. I look forward to what God has in store.

No comments: