Monday, October 16, 2006

Homecoming

We went to Abilene for the ACU Homecoming this past weekend. The campus has changed so much since I was a student in the late-80's. Seeing the changes almost makes me wish I was a student now. I think back to my days and wonder what I didn't appreciate having that people who had attended in the years before me would have thought was so wonderful. We drove by some of the places we lived, saw some old friends and watched ACU win a football game (another thing that didn't happen much when I was in school).

On Friday, we had stopped in Eastland to watch Boyd play football. It was a funny little stadium and Boyd won easily. I spent much of the night watching my son avoid getting in another collision. He was quick to be on the move if a play started coming his way. I don't think he wants another memory like that.

My next trip to Brazil is rapidly approaching. I'm looking forward to being back in Aracaju to help and learn with my brothers and sisters and work on planning for the coming years with our missionary and the team there. The things I experienced and learned on my previous trip still resonate loudly within me and I still remain thankful that I have had this opportunity. Please pray that this coming trip will be safe and profitable in expanding the Kingdom.

No comments: