Thursday, October 19, 2006

Chili

I'm so glad we are getting cold weather finally. Those who know me know I am not a hot-weather guy. I like it under 80 degrees and enjoy these bursts of cold weather. I started thinking about chili today on the way to work and am wishing I had a big bowl right now. What do you like to eat when it gets cold? (Sonic coneys don't count since they are more for medicinal purposes.)

Last night at church was good for me. Our missionary from Brazil spoke and showed pictures from our trip there. I was reminded of some of the wonderful people I met and came to love. We saw one picture, a family of 10, and I noticed most of them were not wearing shoes. I saw a picture of Idasio and remembered he was always smiling, always laughing or you would find him playing his recorder or guitar and singing to us. So many great memories, so many wonderful blessings that we all experienced. I thank God for the way that trip has drawn me closer to Him.

Have a great (colder) day!

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I like chili. But I also like soup. WIth meat and lots of vegetables.