Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Anyone Up Early?

I've got to be at the airport at 6am in the morning and am looking for someone to take my place. Our missionary in Brazil is coming in for a few days and as much as I look forward to spending time with him, that's awful early. I prefer to only have one 6:00 in my day and that would be close to supper.

As much as I dread the early rise, it will be a good day. He will speak to our church Wednesday night regarding the mission trip that 30 of us took to Aracaju and what that trip meant to their church. He will be making a presentation at the Lewisville church Sunday night in their effort to raise $50,000 in a special missions contribution.

There are not many people I hold in truly high regard. I know everyone has their faults (I only have to look in the mirror to know that so well) but he is someone who exudes Christ-likeness to me. He wants nothing but to share the Gospel. For someone living in Brazil, he makes a good salary and would be considered upper middle class at the least. Yet he lives in a very modest home, drives a very modest car, eats as native Brazilians eat and gives so much of what he has. He is extremely humble, extremely compassionate and loving. He cares about people, more importantly he cares about their souls. I am glad to know him and thankful to God that I have crossed paths with him, shared successes with him as well as fears. He encourages me to walk in Christ's path and challenges me to know God better.

I will look forward to seeing him...even early in the morning.

1 comment:

Bev Ross said...

It is always a blessing to hear what is going on in the name of the Lord in other places!
What a trooper to make an airport run so early in the morning!!!!