Wednesday, October 25, 2006

People in Need

We've recently added an employee benefit that will help people get help they need through Wise County Christian Counseling. I am aware of several couples and families going through difficult times in the last few years and I hope this will be an opportunity for them to get help.
An employee approached me yesterday and asked if relatives would qualify. She told me about her sister-in-law who is in remission from cancer but depressed and battling bulimia. She has a young son who wants attention from him mom but can't get it because of the mental struggle she is in. The son is suffering also and is now acting out in different ways for attention. Our employee's concern is that the sister-in-law won't get help, that she will feel like those trying to encourage her are intruding, meddling.
There are so many people we are around each day that need help and we don't even know it. I'm praying this morning that those people will seek and find the help they need. I know people are hurting and feel all alone. I hope they can find the hand of God and will follow Him, that they will find love and support among us to help them through the struggles and that they will know a loving and saving Christ who has given us all we will ever need. I hope that even in times of distress, they will find peace in the shadow of the cross. This is my prayer.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

How awesome that your ompany is helping to fund the counseling center. I think my wife is the best -- because she is. She has a way of drawing people to the Lord in her work. He will use her mightily here.

Bev Ross said...

Jeff, I too pray for people in pain. Thank you so much for supporting the counseling center and may the Lord be praised as we journey beside the hurting and the struggling.