Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Words We Use

I read an article in the Wall Street Journal today regarding the use of profanity in the workplace. It seems that using profanity is now a badge of merit in some companies whereby it shows you aren't afraid to "mix it up" a little. Of course, swearing more than the boss can be bad for your career track. What? When I read something like this, I just wonder what in the world is going on in some people's heads. Even more, what is going on in their heart?
I'm thankful I work in an environment where faith and serving God can be put first.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Between you and David, I bet it sounds like the Jerry Springer show at times:)

I think a lot of this is due to the influence of Hollywood. They make it sound like everyone talks with a curse word falling every other word. And through the years, they have gotten worse and worse. Yet, they claim that they are only reflecting society.