Friday, April 21, 2006

Coming Home

As I write this, I'm sitting in an airport in Chicago surrounded by people with laptops and cellphones who are much like me - ready to get home. It's been a good week and I've enjoyed the cool weather, sights and sounds and the food in Chicago but I'm ready to be home. I'm looking forward to the first hug (and the second and third), I'm looking forward to being in my comfortable surroundings, I'm looking forward to wide open spaces and hearing the voices of the people I love. It's good to get away sometimes but it's always great to get home. I've missed my wife and kids and I can't wait to see them. I'm trying to avoid looking at my watch because the hands are not moving fast enough. A scheduling error on my part prevented me from catching an earlier flight that might have got home a little earlier so I sit here looking at all these people I will soon be herded and crammed up with knowing that it will be just a few hours until I get where I want to be.
I'm ready to be home.

No comments: