Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The End of the Road

Tonight is my last Wednesday to spend time with someone I've truly grown to appreciate. We have been studying David in our Wednesday night class and it has been such a blessing in my life. I have learned so much about David, but even more, I've learned so much about my relationship with God. I see parts of my life played out similar to times in David's life and it has given me a fuller appreciation of the pain we endure when we do wrong and the glory of God we experience when we walk with Him. I pray that I will spend more time walking in the glory of God as the days go by.

I'll miss our study of David because it has brought me to a better understanding of God but I know the stories will always be with. Much more than that, I know that God will always be with me. Even though we are leaving the study of David, we are moving forward with his example of dreaming what big things we can do with and through God. I look forward to these nights of being with brothers and talking about what big things we can accomplish as we live as Christ's hands and feet on earth. I expect amazing, exciting times ahead and thank God that he has brought us together with a body of believers that has a desire and passion to serve.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Jeff,

I share the same emotions you expressed about David and about where his example might move us as a group of men. God is blessing us beyond anything we deserve, or could imagine.