Sunday, April 30, 2006

As a New Week Begins...

I begin this week without my staff IT person. I will get most, if not all, the problem calls along with my normal job. I'm dreading it and the mental stress is building.

One of my nephews was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes over the weekend. He is doing good and I know he will be a success story for others with this disease. I also know that one of the challenges he will face at times is remaining mentally positive in his daily routine that comes with diabetes. Please join me in prayer that he will stay positive in his approach to living with diabetes and also that a cure for diabetes will be found in his lifetime.

Our Wednesday night class has been discussing dreaming and what a church with dreams can do. It's been a great study and one that has been encouraging as we talk about how we battle "dream-killers" and how we persevere in attaining our dreams. I read two interesting quotes over the weekend related to this topic.
The first stated, "The richest place on the planet is not some diamond mine or an oil field. It's a cemetary because we bury the inventions that were never produced, the ideas and dreams that never became reality, the hopes and aspirations that were never acted upon." How sad that this happens but it can be overcome. I believe the church in Decatur is preparing to overcome them.
The second quote is from Dr. Benjamin Mays and he says, "The tragedy of life does not lie in not reaching your goals, the tragedy lies in not having any goals to reach. It isn't a calamity to die with dreams unfulfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream. It is not a disaster to be unable to capture your ideals, but it is a disaster to have no ideals to capture." I look forward to hearing the dreams of others and seeing the process begin to bring them to life.
Dream boldly.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I love the quotes. If you don't mind, I will use them in class. Thanks.