Monday, April 24, 2006

Don't Drop the Ball

It's tough to watch your kids play athletic events and mess up. Whether it is missing a bump or watching a ball go through the legs, it's hard to watch. I want my kids to do well and when they don't it hurts because a) they've been taught how to do it right and b) I know it will hurt them that they messed up. When the games over and done, all I can do is give them a hug and tell them to keep working and prepare not to make that mistake again.

I think God does much the same with me. He sees the ball goes through my legs and knows I should have caught it. He knows I know what I should have done but for whatever reason, I didn't do the right thing. I'm blessed because my Father will lift me up when I've fallen, He will encourage me with His grace, His mercy, His promise and He will send me back out to try again to live a better life. I'm thankful to have a loving Father.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Great analogy. Oh that we could be to our kids what our Father is to us!