Monday, April 03, 2006

The Agony of Change

I've suffered through another time change. For some reason, it seems like I have lost a lot more hours than I've gained. I don't like getting out of bed while it's dark outside. I don't like contemplating going to bed while it's still light outside. I don't like driving into the sun on our morning school run. I don't like it when it's 85 degrees at 9 p.m. because the sun has been up longer than it should. As you can see, there are many things I don't like. Fortunately for me, I have a fairly good ability to move ahead and find the things that make me happy. So in a day or two, I'll have forgotten the sleep I lost, get into the routine of later days and go watch some basebll. :)

It's Opening Day for the Rangers and everyone is either anticipating a great year or another mid to late season meltdown. Whatever happens, I enjoy going to the games, looking at the manicured field, seeing all the people eating hot dogs with mustard dripping down their mouths, hearing the crack of the bat hitting the ball and enjoying the pace of another evening at a baseball game.

My daughter's volleyball team won both their games over the weekend. I don't understand why the referees have to do all the hand signals instead of just yelling "out" or "in" but it's fun watching the girls play. My little angel had a good day on the court and that always makes it fun. My son's team split a double-header this weekend. He was 1 for 3 with an RBI so it was a good day for him too. It's fun watching kids play - not so much fun listening to the parents sometimes. And then we had an ump who didn't call it like I saw it. That aside, it was a good day for the boys and we all are seeing improvement.

Now, quit goofing off and get back to work! :)

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I am tired of hearing daylight savings time get slammed! Enough is enough!:)

Actually, I do need you to clarify a point you made. If daylight savings time results in the sun staying up longer into the evening, how could it have been up an hour longer at 9 AM?:)