Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Valley of Death

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me.  Psalm 23:4


Good words to live by.  I wonder why I often choose not to.  I live in fear at times.  Fear of doing the wrong thing/saying the wrong thing/disappointing someone/hurting someone/being hurt/of what I can imagine that may never happen/the unknown/things I know but cannot change.  I could go on.


A friend reminded me today that scripture says I am walking through it, not camping in it.  Oh, I suppose I can choose to camp there and maybe that changes the dynamics of things.  However, if I choose to walk it out, to walk through the valley, God is there with me.  It may be scary and ugly and all sorts of things but I don't have to fear the bad if God is there. 


It's a good idea but one I haven't yet grasped, one I don't yet live by.  I trust, though, that if I will continue to draw near to God, if I will continue to run into His arms that I will learn to walk without fear. 


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the thought of walking through and not camping. That's good.

Miss Amy said...

It reminds me of the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.
However if you are fishing while you are camping perhaps you will get different results. And you can laugh because I am living in a fifth-wheel.
so I guess I am walking through it and camping at the same time.