Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 On The Way Out

2010 is winding down and in another weak I'll be messing up checks by writing the wrong year.  I'm ready for '10 to be over and done with.  Going into 2011 doesn't undo anything that happened in the past year, it's just the idea that new things will come in a new year and I pray that much of it is creates positive moments in my life and in the life of the people who are close to me and the people I have shared too much pain with in this year.


I got these excerpts from John Eldredge...
You are not your sin; sin is no longer the truest thing about the man who has come into union with Jesus. Your heart is good. "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you" (Ezek. 36:26). The Big Lie in the church today is that you are nothing more than "a sinner saved by grace." You are a lot more than that. You are a new creation in Christ. The New Testament calls you a saint, a holy one, a son of God.The real you is on the side of God against the false self. Knowing this makes all the difference in the world. The man who wants to live valiantly will lose heart quickly if he believes that his heart is nothing but sin. Why fight? 

These words remind me of things some dear friends have told me but that I have trouble accepting for myself.  I hope 2011 will bring more understanding and belief that I am loved as I am...warts and all.

Grace and peace to you.


1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

I hope the new year brings you some peace and happiness. God isn't the only one that cares about you...warts and all!