Monday, December 13, 2010

Better Late Than Never?

I started a new post last night but got involved in something else and it was too late to get back to it.  So, now you know another crazy post is coming.  So today is a babbling cacophony of random thoughts.


What's up with Tashard Choice getting Michael Vick's autograph after the game last night?  Vick as a hero?  OK, but after a loss on national TV?  Have some sense, man.
What are the chances Jason Garrett is around next year? 
I predict Cliff Lee will sign with the Yankees today.  It's time to make a move and his hesitation is coming from the fact that his heart is in Texas and the player's union is all about big bucks.  Bye Cliff.  It was great having you around and we will miss you.
I'm a positive guy generally but always like to see these things in the negative so I'm not disappointed if it goes that way.
Disappointment.  There's a topic for discussion. 
Zack Greinke, Matt Garza or James Shields.  They are all a couple of steps down from Lee.  Ouch.
The Texas Longhorns are ranked 25 in the basketball polls.  I'm hoping they do the opposite of last year.  Last year they were ranked #1 for much of the preseason and then couldn't win a game down the stretch.  Maybe they will end at #1 this year and all these bowl jokes will go away.
A 6th grader sent me a bowl joke making fun of Texas.  Can you believe it?  Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
Mack's coaching the team by himself right now. 
I got called a sinner at church yesterday.  Twice. 
The guy did say we were all sinners but I took it very personally.  (written with dripping sarcasm in case he's reading it)

I had a great weekend.  I met up with some old friends who all spoke some truth I needed to here.  I am so thankful for the way God has put people in my life who build me up in Him.  I am truly, truly blessed.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Garrett is probably out. However, I cannot imagine any reputable coach wanting to put up with Jerry Jones. He keeps talking about how coaching the Cowboys is a plum job because of their tradition. I would suggest that their tradition has taken a major hit after 15 years of clown antics.

I go along with calling myself a sinner so that other people won't feel uncomfortable around me (wink, wink).