Friday, December 17, 2010

Bang, Bang

I had the opportunity to go bird hunting this week and thoroughly enjoyed my time in the field.  I wished we would have seen more birds and that the wind wasn't blowing so hard but we can always hope for perfect days, can't we?  It was good to work behind dogs again, to hear the rise of a covey of quail and to see a dog retrieve a downed bird.  Those days remind me of days gone by and places hunted in my past and wonderful memories of dogs and hunting partners, of smart-aleck comments and jibes...of good times gone and good times to come.


I'm reading a new book about God's love for me.  It's great, very helpful in my walk right now and full of stuff I'll share eventually.  I got hooked on this quote the other day in my reading...
"If we take all the goodness, wisdom and compassion of the best mothers and fathers who have ever lived, they would only be a faint shadow of the love and mercy in the heart of the redeeming God."  - Brennan Manning


God loves me so much and yet I have had a hard time accepting it, free and unconditional.  I'm a work in progress but I'm getting glimpses of how God loves me and accepts me as I am, made in His image.  I have a hope for very, very bright days ahead.


Grace and peace to you.

No comments: